The delivery time for an ePacket from China can vary depending on the destination country and other factors such as customs processing, local postal services, holidays, and weather conditions. Generally, ePacket delivery takes around 10-20 business days to reach most countries. However, please note that this is an estimate, and actual transit times may be shorter or longer. It's also important to check with the specific shipping service you're using, as they may have updated information or offer shipment tracking features.
China EMS (ePacket) tracking API and webhooks
About China EMS (ePacket)
China EMS (ePacket) is a shipping service provided by China Post in collaboration with the destination country's postal service. ePacket was specifically designed to cater to the growing demand for cost-effective and efficient international shipping solutions for e-commerce businesses, particularly those shipping low-weight packages.
China EMS (ePacket) Tracking Status
|China EMS (ePacket) Tracking Status||Status Description|
|Scheduled for Delivery||A delivery appointment is scheduled|
|Package Received||The carrier received a request from the shipper and is about to pick up the shipment|
|Awaiting Delivery Scan||A delivery appointment is scheduled|
|Arrival at Delivery Office||Shipment arrived at a hub or sorting center|
|Notice Left||The delivery of the package failed due to some reason. Courier usually leaves a notice and will try to deliver again|
|Shipment received||The carrier received a request from the shipper and is about to pick up the shipment|
|Attempted delivery||The delivery of the package failed due to some reason. Courier usually leaves a notice and will try to deliver again|
|Depart for delivery||Shipment on the way|
|Return to Sender||Delivery of the package failed due to some shipping exception|
|Out for delivery||The package is out for delivery|
|Returned to Sender||The return package has been successfully received by the sender|
|Unsuccessful delivery||Delivery of the package failed due to some shipping exception|
|Business Closed||The delivery of the package failed due to some reason. Courier usually leaves a notice and will try to deliver again|
|Out for Delivery||The package is out for delivery|
China EMS (ePacket) Service Areas
As of January 2023, China EMS (ePacket) shipping services are available for more than 44 countries and regions around the world. The list of supported countries may change over time, but generally ePacket serves the following destinations:
- North America: United States, Canada
- Europe: United Kingdom, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Ireland, Greece, Portugal, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, Austria, Hungary, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Iceland, Croatia, Cyprus, Romania, Gibraltar
- Asia: Russia, Israel, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, Turkey, Vietnam, Kazakhstan
- Oceania: Australia, New Zealand
- Latin America: Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Chile
China EMS (ePacket) Tracking Number Format & Examples
China EMS (ePacket) tracking numbers typically consist of 13 alphanumeric characters. The format and examples are as follows: Format: Lx123456789CN 1. The first letter 'L' indicates that it's an ePacket service. 2. The second letter could be any uppercase letter, usually 'S,' 'T,' 'M,' or 'A.' This letter may vary depending on the specific service or mail category. 3. The following nine digits are unique identifiers for the specific item being shipped. 4. The last two letters represent the country of origin, in this case, 'CN' for China. Examples: - LS123456789CN - LT123456789CN - LM123456789CN - LA123456789CN
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does an ePacket from China take?
What is the difference between China ePacket and EMS?
China ePacket and EMS (Express Mail Service) are two different shipping options offered by China Post, the official postal service of China. They cater to different needs in terms of delivery speed, weight limits, and costs. Here's a brief comparison of the two:
- EMS: EMS is an international express courier service for delivering packages quickly and efficiently.
- ePacket: ePacket is an economical international shipping service specifically designed for small parcels and e-commerce.
- EMS: Faster delivery, usually takes 3-10 business days, depending on the destination.
- ePacket: Slower than EMS, typically takes 7-20 business days for delivery, depending on the destination country.
- EMS: Suitable for larger, heavier shipments with weight limits up to 30 kg (66 lbs) or more, depending on the destination country.
- ePacket: Intended for smaller, lightweight packages with a maximum weight limit of 2 kg (4.4 lbs) for most destination countries.
- EMS: More expensive due to its faster delivery speed and ability to handle larger, heavier packages.
- ePacket: Generally cheaper than EMS, offering a cost-effective solution for shipping small items internationally.
Who delivers China EMS in USA?
China EMS is delivered by the USPS (United States Postal Service) in the USA. USPS is the primary postal service in the United States, and it is responsible for delivering mail to all addresses in the country. USPS also offers a variety of express mail services, including China EMS.
Once a China EMS package arrives in the USA, it will be delivered to the address on the package by a USPS mail carrier. The mail carrier will typically deliver the package to the mailbox or front door of the address.
How reliable is ePacket shipping?
ePacket shipping is generally considered reliable for its intended purpose of delivering small, lightweight packages from China and Hong Kong to international destinations. However, as with any shipping method, there can be occasional issues, such as delays or lost packages.