How to Track my UPS packages?
The AfterShip helps you track your packages with multiple carriers including UPS. Following theses steps, you can effortlessly get updated information about your packages:
- Find your UPS tracking number first.
- Go to the AfterShip Tracking Page for the search.
- In the designed input box, enter up to 50 tracking numbers, each per line.
- Click on the “Track” button and star processing.
A few seconds later, you can reviewed all updated information about your packages!
Track UPS Packages on the Official Website
We also recommend you to visit the official UPS website for tracking. Don't worry, we will provide you with detailed instructions using text and visual diagram.
- Just like before, you need to get your tracking number.
- Visit the UPS Tracking Page this time.
- Find the right Track box and enter up to 25 tracking numbers.
- Click on the “Track” button.
After Log in or Sign up your UPS account, you can also check your recently tracked shipments here.
Track UPS Packages by Reference Number
If you have the need to track your UPS packages by reference number, it is also required to enter the UPS official page and find the “Track by Reference Number” choice to proceed.
You may see a input field like this:
That’s where you should choose your shipment type, enter your shipment reference and date range to get your shipment information.
What do my Tracking Number look like?
The following formats are used for UPS tracking numbers:
UPS also tracks other types of tracking numbers, which can have a length ranging from seven to 20 characters. These include:
- Delivery Order/Sub-PRO Number: Used for tracking Less-Than-Truckload (LTL) and Truckload (TL) child shipments.
- House Air Waybill: Used for tracking air freight movement.
- House Bill of Lading: Used for tracking ocean freight movement.
- PRO Number: Used for tracking surface freight movement.
- UPS Delivery Notice: A bar-coded notice given on the first delivery attempt in select countries. It includes a 12-digit reference number.
- UPS Service Notice: A notice given on the first delivery attempt in select countries.
For UPS Mail Innovations tracking numbers, you have two options for tracking: ups.com and upsmi.com. UPS Mail Innovations tracking numbers differ from small package reference numbers in terms of length and terminology.
The formats for UPS Mail Innovations tracking numbers are as follows:
- United States Postal Service Delivery Confirmation Number: This is a numerical identifier assigned by the U.S. Postal Service when Delivery Confirmation is requested. It typically consists of 22-34 digits.
- Sequence Number (MMS/MMI Number): This is an 18-digit number assigned internally by UPS Mail Innovations or UPS Worldship.
- Mail Innovations Compliant Package ID: This is a barcode-type identifier assigned by the shipper to each mail piece. It follows the structure: MIXXXXXXNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN, where:
- MI represents a UPS Mail Innovations indicator.
- XXXXXX denotes a unique 6-digit customer number assigned by UPS Mail Innovations.
- NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN signifies a unique number, up to 22 characters, assigned by the shipper to identify a mail piece. Alpha and/or numeric characters are used, with no spaces or symbols. It is recommended not to reuse the same ID for other mail pieces for at least six months.
How To Read UPS Delivery Notice?
To effectively read a UPS delivery notice, follow these steps:
Track Your Package: Access the tracking information for your package by using either the UPS Delivery Notice number or the original tracking number provided. This will allow you to determine the current location of your package and provide insights into the necessary actions you can take.
Find Delivery Details: Check the boxes marked on the delivery notice by your driver. These checkboxes indicate important information regarding the whereabouts of your package or the next attempted delivery date. If your package has been redirected to a different address or if it requires specific delivery requirements, such details will be mentioned in this section.
Release Your Package: If you prefer, you have the option to request that the driver leaves your package during the next delivery attempt without requiring a signature from an adult aged 21 or above. To do this, sign the delivery notice in the designated space provided and place it back where the driver initially left the notice. By doing so, you authorize the driver to leave the package without obtaining a signature.
UPS Tracking Status
||We have received the shipment details and billing information from the sender. Once we have possession of the shipment and it is moving within our network, the status will be updated.
|Shipped/On the Way
||The shipment has been received and is in transit through our network. It has a scheduled delivery date. Shipments may remain in this status until they are out for final delivery. Note that for long-distance shipments, there may not be further scanning until they reach their destination hub.
|Out for Delivery
||The local UPS facility has received the shipment and dispatched it to a driver for final delivery. Unless a time-definite air delivery service has been chosen by the sender, packages are typically delivered between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. (occasionally later) for residences, and by close of business for commercial addresses.
||The shipment has been delivered to its final destination, with a recorded timestamp of the delivery. If no signature is required, our driver will attempt to find a secure place to leave the shipment, such as a front porch, side door, back porch, or garage area, to keep it out of sight and protected from adverse weather conditions.
|Delivered to a UPS Access Point
||A selected UPS Access Point location has received the shipment and it is ready for pickup at the receiver's convenience.
|Transferred to Post Office for Delivery
||The sender requested the shipment to be transferred to the local post office for final delivery. Please allow an additional day or two for the delivery to be completed.
||The shipment is within the UPS network; however, an unexpected error has occurred, which may result in a change to the scheduled delivery date. The reason for the exception will be specified in the Shipment Progress section of the Tracking Detail page. If the delivery date changes, the tracking status will display the new date.
UPS, which stands for United Parcel Service, is a globally recognized logistics and package delivery company. Established in 1907 and headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, UPS has grown to become one of the largest and most prominent shipping companies in the world.
The core focus of UPS lies in providing time-definite delivery services for packages and documents. It offers a wide range of services, including domestic and international shipping, freight transportation, supply chain management, and specialized logistics solutions. UPS operates through an extensive network of facilities, vehicles, and technology systems designed to ensure efficient and reliable delivery operations.