Google Adwords is an advertising platform developed by Google to help businesses display ads on Google’s search results and its partner websites to reach online target markets.
Google Adwords is one of the main marketing channels for many eCommerce businesses as it allows them to advertise their products across different places, using different campaign types and different ad formats.
Why is Google Adwords important for your online business?
- Excellent audience targeting capabilities to fetch quality leads
- User-friendly interface to kickstart campaigns with minimal resources
- Ability to leverage the audience’s intent
- Power of remarketing to reconnect with your website visitors
- Complete control of your own budget and ad spend
- Better return on investment
In addition to this, Google Adwords lets you keep a close eye on your competitors and provide key inputs such as the types of ads your competitors are running with its transparent system to help you stand out.
Google Adwords lets you choose from its three types of bidding strategies to maximize your returns, including:
- Cost per click (CPC) where you pay based on the number of clicks on your ad
- Cost per impression (CPM) where you pay based on the number of impressions on your ad
- Cost per action (CPA) where you pay based on a specific action performed by the user
If used effectively, Google Adwords is an affordable and easy-to-use advertising platform for eCommerce businesses to increase sales.