Last Updated: 24 May 2018
1. Information We Collect
We collect personal information about you to provide the services you request, to improve the user’s interaction with AfterShip, and to communicate with you about shipping information, services, promotions and contests. We try to limit the collected information to support the intended purpose of collection.
1.1. Personal Information
We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with AfterShip through the Website. Some examples are when you:
- Create an account on the Website;
- Make an online purchase from us;
- Request customer service or contact us;
- Submit a review or post any User Content on the Website; or
- Otherwise submit personal information to AfterShip.
Personal information is information that identifies you or is reasonably linked to you. The personal information we collect may include authentication information (including namely but not exclusively username and encrypted access credentials) of your email accounts, social networking accounts or any other accounts from any third party application or website that you link to your Account, transaction information such as product name and price, contact and payment information, your name and/or company name, address, phone number, email address, shipping and credit card information. We may also collect and combine personal information about you through social media websites and services and from other sources.
When you ask us to provide services for the benefit of a third party, you shall be legally authorized by said third party to disclose his/her personal information to AfterShip. This authorization shall cover personal information including but not limited to the name, address, phone number, email address, credit card and shipping information of the third party. You agree that you must bear all risks associated with the use of any third party’s personal information communicated by you and that under no circumstances will AfterShip be liable in any way for any personal information or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any personal information. AfterShip is merely acting as a passive channel for the use of the personal information and is not undertaking any obligation or liability relating to any third party’s personal information communicated by you and/or your company.
1.2 Usage Information
We receive and store certain types of information about your use of the Website when you use the Website. Our purpose is to allow the Website to work correctly, to allow us to provide our services, to evaluate use of the Website, for marketing purposes and to personalize and enhance your interaction with AfterShip. Some examples include:
- We may collect technical information such as your IP address, the address of a referring website or application, the type of web browser or mobile device you use, your operating system, your Internet Service Provider and the path you take through the Website;
- When you purchase services, we collect information about the transaction, such as services details and the date of the purchase/return.
2. Cookies and Web Beacons
We may also use web beacons. Web beacons allow us to understand if a certain page of the Website was visited or if an email was opened or if advertising banners on other websites were effective.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to remove or reject cookies, but note that doing so does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in conjunction with our Website. For more information about disabling flash cookies, see http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/security.html. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Website and you may not be able to access or use some or all areas and functionalities of the Website.
3. How We Use Your Information
AfterShip uses your personal information and usage information to offer and provide our products and services and to support our core business functions. These include order or service fulfillment, customer service, internal business processes, marketing, including contests and sweepstakes, authentication, loss and fraud prevention, public safety and legal functions. Some examples include:
- To fulfill your requests for products and services and communicate with you about said requests;
- To send you notifications concerning shipment information;
- To register your account on the Website;
- To administer surveys, contests, sweepstakes and promotions;
- To provide customer service;
- To help us improve and customize the Website;
- To send you information about our products, services, promotions, contests and sweepstakes; and
- To protect the security or integrity of the Website and our business.
To accomplish these purposes, we may combine personal and usage information we collect. We may transfer or disclose your personal and usage information, for these purposes, within AfterShip Group.
4. Advertising and Analytics Services
In addition, many web browsers support Do Not Track technology. Our systems do not respond to Do Not Track signals. Nonetheless, if you enable Do Not Track and it is recognized by our systems, AfterShip will not use information about your web viewing activities to tailor your online experience on the Website. Note, however, that our third party advertising providers may continue to use information about your web viewing activities to tailor advertising to your interests across different websites even when you have Do Not Track enabled in your browser. For more information about Internet-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and www.aboutads.info/choices.
5. How We Disclose Your Information Outside AfterShip
AFTERSHIP DOES NOT SELL OR RENT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANY THIRD PARTIES WHATSOEVER.
5.1. Service Providers and Vendors
We may disclose or otherwise make available personal information, including transaction information, to service providers and vendors for the purpose of managing, providing and improving Aftership services and for marketing purposes. Examples are shipping companies, vendors, payment companies, credit card processors and other payment service providers such as PayPal, financial institution partners, hosting and maintenance providers, data storage and management providers, marketing and promotional providers, service providers sending emails and sms notifications and generally, companies that help us improve our product and service offerings and our websites.
5.2. Legal Requirements and Protection of Our Company and Others
5.3. Business Transfers
We may transfer any information we have about you in connection with a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of AfterShip Group or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
6. Your Choices
We want to communicate with you in the ways that you want to hear from us. If you no longer want to receive marketing messages from us, you can either change your marketing preferences by changing Your Account Marketing Preferences or, by clicking on the appropriate link at the bottom of our marketing emails. Please allow sufficient time for your preferences to be processed.
If you no longer want to receive delivery notifications from us, you can either change your delivery notification triggers by changing Your Account Delivery Notifications or by clicking on the appropriate link at the bottom of our delivery notification emails. Please allow sufficient time for your preferences to be processed.
7. How to Access, Update and Remove Your Information
AfterShip takes reasonable steps to keep your personal information accurate and complete. You can access, update and/or remove your personal information, including contact or account information, by accessing Your Account or by sending us an email. If your Information has been communicated to AfterShip by a third party, you can either contact said third party directly or click on the appropriate link at the bottom of the notifications in order to unsubscribe to the service. If your Information has been communicated to AfterShip by a third party, and you wish to remove said information, you may send us an email.
8. How We Secure Your Information
Securing your information is important to AfterShip. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. However, no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through the Website, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through the Website, and you do so at your own risk.
AfterShip accounts require a username and password to log in. You must keep your username and password secure, and never disclose it to a third party. Because the information in your Distribution Lists is so sensitive, account passwords are encrypted, which means we can’t see your passwords. We can’t resend forgotten passwords either. We’ll only reset them.
9. Online Protections
Your account information is protected by the password you use to access your online account. Please keep this password confidential.
10. Privacy of Children Online
We are committed to protecting children's online privacy. In order to protect the privacy of children, AfterShip does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18 without prior parental consent. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a child under the age of 18, we will delete such information from our records.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL AFTERSHIP BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (EVEN IF AFTERSHIP HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM ANY ASPECT OF AFTERSHIP USE OF THE PERSONAL INFORMATION OF ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDED BY YOU AND/OR YOUR COMPANY. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In some jurisdictions, some of the foregoing limitations may not apply.
12. Links To Other Websites
As a global company, AfterShip may process, store and transfer Personal information in the United States or in any other country in which any company of the AfterShip Group is incorporated. AfterShip requires that all companies of AfterShip Group protect your personal information, regardless of where it is stored, in accordance with applicable laws.
15. Contact Us
1. What are Cookies?
A cookie is a text-only string of information that this Website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer's hard disk so that this Website can recognise you when you revisit and remember certain information about you. This can include which pages you have visited, choices you have made from menus, any specific information you have entered into forms and the time and date of your visit.
2. Types of Cookies
There are two main types of cookies:
- Session cookies: these are temporary cookies that expire at the end of a browser session; that is, when you leave the site. Session cookies allow this Website to recognise you as you navigate between pages during a single browser session and allow you to use this Website most efficiently. For example, session cookies enable a website to remember that a user has placed items in an online shopping basket.
- Persistent cookies: in contrast to session cookies, persistent cookies are stored on your equipment between browsing sessions until expiry or deletion. They therefore enable this Website to "recognise" you on your return remember your preferences and tailor services to you.
In addition to session cookies and persistent cookies, there may be other cookies which are set by this Website which you have chosen to visit, such as this Website, in order to provide us or third parties with information.
We currently use, and may use in the future, the following types of cookies on this Website.
We use session cookies to:
- help us maintain security and verify your details whilst you use this Website as you navigate from page to page, which enables you to avoid having to re-enter your details each time you enter a new page.
We use persistent cookies to:
- help us recognise you as a unique user when you return to our Website so that you do not have to input your details multiple times as you move between our pages or services
- remember how you have customised your use of this Website, such as your preferred currency and time zone
- collect and compile anonymous, aggregated information for statistical and evaluation purposes to help us understand how users use this Website and help us improve the structure of our Website.
As with third party cookies, you are able to block third party cookies through your browser settings.
4. Refusing Cookies on this Website