Better post-purchase experience is the key to long-term growth
According to Statista, eCommerce sales worldwide touched a new milestone in 2021 and grew to $4.9 trillion, up from $3.3 trillion in 2019. These numbers are expected to reach $7 trillion by 2025. Needless to say, the COVID-19 pandemic is the primary factor more and more customers have come to embrace online shopping. With this paradigm shift in the eCommerce landscape, customer expectations have also drastically shifted. Gone are the days when retailers could play around with the “price point” to maximize their sales. Consumers, nowadays, are intelligent and favorable toward brands that offer a seamless post-purchase experience. Consumer buying habits shaped by the pandemic continue to grow and develop and are here to stay. The sooner the brands realize this, the better they will be able to exploit those untapped opportunities.
Our recent report outlining the state of online shopping in late 2021 shows how consumer habits, expectations, and considerations have changed drastically over the last two years and how post-purchase experience holds paramount importance across the entire customer journey in the post-pandemic era.
What You’ll Learn:
- Who is shopping online for what, where, and how often?
- What influences customers’ buying decisions online?
- How does the post-purchase experience influence brand/retailer perception?
- What can online retailers do to provide a better shopping experience for shoppers?
- What does the COVID-19 pandemic mean for shopping now and in the future?