A popup is a message, an advertisement, or a form that suddenly appears in the foreground of a website. It could be informational or promotional in nature, depending on what a merchant wants to convey to its visitors. The primary purpose of popup forms is to collect valuable contact information like email addresses, phone numbers, etc., from the website visitors.
Types of Pop-up
There are five types of popup:
- Click popups: These popups appear when a site visitor clicks on a particular link or image
- Timed popups: They get triggered automatically after they have been on the site for a specified period of time
- Scroll popups: These popups appear immediately when a site visitor tries to scroll up or down
- Entry popups: They appear as soon as a website or its page loads up completely
- Exit popups: These popups show up when a website visitor tries to exit from a page
Why are pop-ups important?
A pop-up is a multifunctional tool that can help convert website traffic into marketing leads. Below are a few ways through which popups can add value to your online business:
- Generate subscribers
- Promote specific content such as eBooks, guides, case studies, etc.
- Reduce the bounce rate